Thursday, January 10, 2013

Have A Nice Day

The folks over at this Google Code forum are getting a bit irate about Google's non-responsiveness regarding bugs in the Nexus 4's WiFi system.

So, last night I collected up a few of the more succinct, descriptive comments and passed them on to the Google Device Support team via the email address that Google used to send me the authorizations when I RMA'd my first two Nexus 4 phones because of the buggy WiFi behavior.  See previous posts for details on that.

About three hours later, I got this response from Google:

"Hi again Doug,

Thanks for staying in touch with Google.

I really appreciate the additional info and suggestions. I'll be sure to get all of this feedback sent up to our development team. I hope to see that all these little kinks get ironed out, and we get these devices working perfectly. 

Thanks for your interest in the Nexus 4.

If there's anything else I can help you out with, let me know. Have a great day!"

I replied that it would really be nice to get some kind of estimate for how long it was going to be before we saw a fix to this problem.

No response to that one.

--Doug
doug@parrot-farm.net

4 comments:

  1. Update: I did get an email response back from Google regarding an estimate for the time frame to fix this issue.
    _______________________

    "Hi again Doug,

    Thanks for staying in touch with Google.

    Unfortunately, at this time, nobody really has an ETA for any updates. I'm sure they will fix this though, and I hope it will be soon. I've sent up all the feedback about this, and I know they listen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, but in the meantime, we all have to keep turining airplane mode on and off to get a wifi connection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good news is that Google has finally acknowledged today that there is a WiFi problem with the Nexus 4. See this comment on the code.google.com thread devoted to this issue:

    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40065#c466

    --Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's a step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete